Google Chrome is one of the big three browsers: Chrome, Internet Explorer and Firefox. Chrome is my favorite of the three. Why?? Google Chrome extensions. Although IE and Firefox have add-ons or extensions as well, I’m a google fan and I haven’t used other extensions. J
What are Chrome Extensions?
Chrome extensions are small software programs that can
modify and enhance the functionality of the Chrome browser. You write them
using web technologies such as HTML, JavaScript, and CSS. developer.chrome.com/extensions
Why should I use Chrome Extensions?
Look, you really don’t have to use chrome extensions. However, if you do use them they will
change your life. Guaranteed!
How do Chrome Extensions work?
Extensions
have barely any user interface. For example, the below image shows a Google
Mail Check extension that displays 3 new email in your Gmail inbox. You
simply click on the icon and it links you to your Gmail.
What Chrome Extensions do I use?
Google has
an OVERWHELMING amount of extensions. I advise you to simply search around and
try them out. Browse the Chrome Web Store. Categories
are broken down into extensions, themes, and apps. I could give a list of 20 + extensions, but here are 3 extensions I recommend for ALL Google Chrome users.
- IE Tab. Shockingly not all websites are compatible with Google Chrome. Que the IE tab extension. This extension enables a link directly to IE for the non-Chrome friendly websites. You can configure the IE tab extension to automatically open the Chrome IE Tab extension or you can click on the extension icon. An IE interface opens chrome. **Note, you will need to have IE installed on your computer to use this extension.
- Google Dictionary. I just found this extension a couple of months ago and it was a game changer. While reading just about anything in chrome, you can double click the word and chrome will give you a definition (sometimes with the pronunciation). Pretty Sweet huh? This extension also has an extension icon that allows you to type in a word for the definition.
3. Momentum. This extension will spice up your browser's look. In a nut shell, this extension gives your new tab page a cool look by greeting you by name, displaying the time, presenting a quote, showing a to do item for the day, presenting a scenic view (periodically changes), and showing the weather. I've caught multiple co-workers ask me about.
For Firefox add-ons click here and for IE add-ons click here.
**Keep in mind these are three of MANY extensions I use. I've found Chrome extensions to increase productivity and add flair to my browsing experience.

I installed chrome on my laptop now what? I want chrome extensions.
ReplyDelete